Coronavirus (COVID-19) - An Update for Our Customers
Coronavirus (COVID-19) An Update for Our customers
Tuesday 17th March 2020
We would like to thank customers for their patience during what has been an extraordinary period. Coronavirus is having a huge impact on our communities and on our operations, and things are changing at a rapid pace. Protecting the health and safety of our customers and staff is our priority. Our senior managers are continuing to meet daily and we are following the latest advice from Public Health Wales and the Government.
What do our customers need to know?
Our satellite offices are now closed
From Tuesday 17th March our satellite offices at Windsor Road, Neath, Forge Road, Port Talbot and head office Tŷ Gwyn, Baglan are closed until further notice.
Office staff are now working remotely/working from home
Following Government advice we have asked most staff to work from home. We will continue to provide as many of our support/advice services as possible. While office staff work remotely they will still be available by phone or email.
Phone lines are still open
Our Customer Service and Repairs lines are still open for general enquiries, payments and reporting emergency repairs only.
We anticipate that we will be receiving high call volumes at the moment so please be patient with us.
- Repairs: 0300 777 3000
- General Line 0300 777 0000
(Opening Hours 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday. Outside these hours an emergency service is in operation.)
We are carrying out emergency repairs only
From today we are following advice from Government and moving into an emergency only repair service. We can only respond to genuine emergencies cases. These are:
- Serious damage to the property
- No essential services i.e light, power or water.
- Serious flooding or burst pipes
- Blocked toilet if there is only one in your home
- Water contacting an electrical point
If you do contact us about a genuine emergency repair and you, or someone living with you has symptoms, or has been asked to self- isolate or might have been exposed to the virus you must tell us when asked so we can limit the risk to our staff.
We appreciate that some of you may experience difficulties paying your rent as a result of Coronavirus. If this is the case please tell us.
If you usually pay at our offices you will be unable to do this but there are several other ways to pay, details of which can be found here. https://www.taitarian.co.uk/make-a-payment/
We will update this page and our social media channels with any changes. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
The following websites provide official and up to date information that you may find useful.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – what you need to know: https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2020/01/23/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-what-you-need-to-know/
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) overview and common questions: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Universal Credit and Coronavirus: https://www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/coronavirus/
- NHS Symptom checker: The NHS is offering an online service where you can find out what to do if you think you have symptoms, or you might have been exposed to the virus when travelling. You can fill in an online form, here:https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19