Free First Aid Course on Offer to Local Clubs
Tai Tarian is inviting representatives from junior sports teams across the Neath Port Talbot area to attend a free first aid course in September.
The course which will take place in our Training Centre in Briton Ferry on 4th September 2017 will see coaches and volunteers from a range of junior sports teams receive expert tuition that will allow them to act quickly should an emergency arise.
Over the past four years over 100 people have received invaluable lifesaving and emergency treatment training from local training provider hands on training.
The three hour course will take place from 6-9pm with all delegates receiving a certificate, valid for three years.
Rugby, football, dance, netball, martial arts and cycling are just some of the sports whose coaches have benefitted from the training. Amongst the clubs to have taken part in previous sessions are Aberavon Green Stars, Margam Youth Centre, Neath Polar Bears Lifesaving Club, Glyneath Town AFC and Cwmafan RFC.
Tai Tarian’s Corporate Services Officer, Karen Neale, said: “We have had many requests over the years for sponsorship from local sports teams but rather than sponsor individual clubs we wanted to help as many as possible. We identified a demand for first aid training and have run several sessions for mini and junior team coaches over the last four years.
In the past it has been predominantly rugby and football clubs who have attended so it would be good to have other sports represented at our next session. All we ask in return is for clubs to mention the relationship with us on their website and social media pages.
For more information on the courses and to book a space please contact Matthew Lewis on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01639 508468,
- Tai Tarian provide free emergency first aid training to clubs who coach under 16 year olds and are based within the Neath Port Talbot Borough
- The training is provided by Hands on Training based in Port Talbot
- The course is 3 hours long and delegates receive a certificate which lasts for 3 years on completion.
- Courses are run every quarter at our training centre in Hunter Street Briton Ferry.
- It doesn’t matter what the sport is so long as it involves under 16 year olds.
- Generally its limited to 3 spaces per course per club
- We keep a reserve list and if there are spaces we allow more than 3 per club
- In return for the training we ask that the club promotes their attendance on social media and if the club has a website that they place our logo or a link to our website on their website.
- In the past it has been predominantly rugby and football clubs so it would be good to have other sports represented.
- All courses run 6pm – 9pm in the evening.