Local lockdown in Neath Port Talbot
A local lockdown will come into force in Neath Port Talbot from 6pm on Monday 28th September.
This will not impact on the services we are currently offering. This will be closely monitored over the coming weeks and any changes will be shared on our website and social media channels.
The pandemic continues to be challenging for all of us, so we want to thank you for your support and understanding.
Here are some FAQs we thought would be useful.
I have an appointment for a repair. What can I expect?
We are working hard to keep our services operating, following all the guidance to keep you and our colleagues safe.
As long as you (or anyone in your home) is not showing any symptoms of coronavirus or are self-isolating for any reason, we will be able to carry out the repair at your property, but doing this safely is key.
- We will check on the health of you and others in your home when the job is booked and again before we enter your home.
- It’s really important that you maintain social distancing all times when we visit your home so please keep a distance of at least two metres from our colleague. Our preference would be for you to go into another room when the repair is carried out.
- Please be in at the appointment time. This really helps us so we don’t have to rearrange visits.
I have an appointment but am nervous about people coming to my home
Keeping your home safe and in good working order is our duty as your landlord. Our colleagues and contractors are working in a covid-secure way, so only working if they are in good health, always wearing PPE, and maintaining social distancing at all times.
Things like gas safety appointments and emergency repairs are really important to keep you and your home safe, but we do understand if you would prefer to rearrange a non-urgent repair appointment.
Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 777 3000
What restrictions are being put in place in Neath Port Talbot?
The main restrictions are:
- People will not be allowed to enter or leave the area without a reasonable excuse such as work or education.
- People will no longer be able to form, or be in, an extended household (sometimes called a “bubble”).
- Meeting indoors with anyone you don't live with is not allowed at the moment, unless you have a good reason, such as providing care to a child or vulnerable person.
- All licensed premises have to stop serving alcohol at 10pm.
- People must work from home wherever possible.
Read this FAQ page on the government’s website for more detailed information about the restrictions in our area.
What are the symptoms of Covid and how do I get a test?
The symptoms are:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- loss of or change to sense of smell or taste
If you develop one of these symptoms follow the self-isolation guidance.
Please do not visit your GP surgery or hospital to request a test, as you may infect others.
The test is only effective for those who are experiencing coronavirus symptoms and needs to be taken in the first five days of having symptoms. It only checks if you have coronavirus right now and not if you have already had the virus.
You can book a test here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-a-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/
Stay safe everyone.