NPT Homes Holds Eight Events in Support for Gas Safety Week 2015
We have pledged our support for Gas Safety Week and will be holding eight events across the Borough from Monday 14th– Friday 20th September to raise awareness of gas safety amongst tenants.
This fifth annual Gas Safety Week will see organisations across the UK working together to raise awareness of the dangers of unsafe gas appliances, which cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.
As a social landlord, we are responsible for carrying out gas safety inspections at all of our properties and will be using this UK wide campaign as another way of confirming gas safety check appointments with tenants. We will also be using Gas Safety Week to educate families within Neath, Port Talbot and Pontardawe on the importance of being gas safe.
With help from Groundworks and our contractors, we will be holding gas safety events throughout Gas Safety Week in Cwmavon, Sandfields, Pontardawe, Neath town centre, Aberafan Shopping Centre and at our head office in Baglan Energy Park. Tenants living near each event will receive a personal invite and will also be in with a chance of winning £50.
NPT Homes’ Property Compliance Manager, Neil Davies, said:
“Gas safety is a serious subject and we hope by holding these events within the community we will be able to teach more and more of our tenants on how to remain safe in their homes.
With 20 deaths and 1,000 gas-related injuries in the UK in the last three years, it’s vital that people make sure their gas appliances are checked every year by a registered engineer.
In partnership with our contractor, we carry out inspections to ensure all of our properties are compliant and our tenants and their neighbours are safe.
We encourage our tenants to allow us to carry out our inspection first time and to contact us on 0300 777 3000 if they are experiencing a problems with their gas appliances.”
Jonathan Samuel, Managing Director for Gas Safe Register, said:
“We know from our own investigations that one in six gas appliances in the UK are unsafe, meaning far too many people are victims of preventable gas related incidents.
It’s great to have the support of NPT Homes this Gas Safety Week so that we can work together to raise public awareness of gas safety and reduce the number of dangerous gas appliances lurking in the homes of the UK’s 23 million gas consumers.”
To find out about dangers in your area visit www.StayGasSafe.co.uk
A full list of our events can be found here