Universal Credit is Here
What is Universal Credit?
Universal Credit was introduced to Neath Port Talbot in April 2015.
It is a new benefit that combines six benefits and tax credits into one monthly payment for some tenants who meet the following criteria:
- Living alone
- Recently unemployed
- Under the age of 60 and 6 months
NPT Homes have also supported tenants who have had to claim Universal Credit because they’ve missed appointments at the Jobcentre or have not challenged a decision to stop their benefit.
NPT Homes has a dedicated Universal Credit Team on hand to help with:
- Submitting a claim
- Attending appointments with Jobcentre staff
- Money and budgeting support
- Applying for ‘short-term advances’
- Providing Intensive Housing Management to help manage a tenancy
- Contacting Universal Credit helplines on tenants behalf
If you have been asked to claim Universal Credit, we can support you in your claim.
Please contact our Universal Credit Team on 01639 315000.
For more information on Universal Credit, please visit our Universal Credit Page.