Universal Credit

Universal Credit is replacing the following six benefits:

  • Housing Benefit
  • Child Tax Credits
  • Working Tax Credits
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

You could also receive help with your rent if you are employed on a low income or become sick and need help with your rent whilst unable to work.

For free benefit advice, please contact our team.

Rent payments
Universal Credit pays housing costs directly to the claimant for them to make rent payments to their landlord.

The claimant can request an Alternative Payment Agreement (APA) if the claimant is struggling to manage their income due to debts or mental health. This can be requested via Universal Credit directly or speaking with your landlord to put into place.

An APA does not always cover your full rent liability and you may still pay need to pay a top up towards your rent.

If you are struggling financially whilst trying to make rent payments, please contact 01639 315000 and ask to speak directly with your rent officer. Your rent officer will try to help and advise you and make referrals when needed to help sustain your contract.

If you do not speak to us, we are not able to help.

Please contact 01639 508440 or email income@taitarian.co.uk to order a rent payment card if you wish to make rent payments online.