Our External Programme
Our External Programme
We have started a seven year ‘external’ programme to help us improve your outdoor space and create desirable, attractive homes and estates where people want to live.
The work will be completed by 2025.
Work undertaken could include all or some of the following works:
- Rotary Lines
As our commitment to you, we will:
- Ensure you have a defined boundary around your home
- Give you a safe and secure area
- Improve the appearance of your home and your community
Over the last few years we have undertaken surveys in a number of areas so we can understand the extent of the improvements needed and help us budget plan for the work. These original surveys may be amended to ensure they fit in to our current plans.
How the work will happen.
Step 1 – A Home Inspection by a Housing Liaison Officer (HLO)
The first team you will meet with will be our Housing Liaison Officers.
- You will receive a letter arranging for a HLO to visit you to assess the condition of your home and garden.
- When you first moved into your home you signed a tenancy agreement which outlined your responsibilities as a tenant. If the HLO feels improvements need to be made at your home ahead of any planned works to your garden, they will discuss with you a deadline for this to be completed.
- Once these improvements have been made an appointment will be booked so we can see what works are required to your garden. If your home is not ready you will not be considered for the work. Move to below?
Note: This HLO team can visit up to six ahead of the work programme so will be unable to give you any indication of when the surveyors will be due.
Step 2 – Assessing what’s needed with our Surveyors
Our Surveyors will carry out a survey at your property to establish what external improvements are needed.
They will ask themselves:
- Is there a defined boundary around your home?
- Is the area safe and secure?
Once they have completed their survey you will be told what work is planned for your home and be asked to sign for the works.
Note: Not every home will have work as some homes already meet the required standard.
Step 3 – Guiding you through the work our Tenant Liaison Officers
Just before the work is about to start you will be introduced to your Tenant Liaison Officer (TLO).
Your TLO will explain the process, how the works will be carried out by a contractor, with Tai Tarian overseeing the process.
Your TLO will be your 'go to' person who will support you throughout the process, answer any questions you may have and make sure that you are happy during the work.