Responsibilities and Timescales
When you report a repair to us we assess the problem and your circumstances and then allocate it to one of the following categories:
Emergency Repairs - We will respond within 24 working hours and the work will either be completed or made safe.
A repair is considered an emergency where there is a possibility of danger to life or limb or will cause major damage to the property. An emergency can be reported 24 hours a day by calling our 0300 777 3000 number and some examples of emergency repairs are provided below.
Following our initial response to the reported emergency, further works may be required and will be categorised as urgent or routine repairs as appropriate.
Examples of emergency repairs include:
- An immediate danger or health hazard to occupants
- Serious damage to the property
- No essential services i.e light, power, water and sanitation
- Serious flooding and leaks
- Lift breakdowns
- Damage to doors or windows that makes the home insecure
- Blocked toilet (if there is only one)
- Dangerous walls and other elements.
Please note that due to the Coronavirus we are currently only dealing with emergency repairs. All other repairs will be dealt with once the current restrictions have been removed.