Rights and Responsibilities
When you move into your home you sign a tenancy agreement.
This agreement sets out what you can expect from Tai Tarian and also tells you what your rights and responsibilities are as a tenant.
Your tenancy agreement sets these out in detail and these are summarised below:
You have the right to:
- Live in a home that is in good condition and which has necessary repairs carried out by Tai Tarian
- Ask for permission from Tai Tarian to make improvements to your home such as an extension, laying laminate flooring or decorating the outside of your home
- Stay in your home and live in a peaceful environment. To report Anti-Social Behaviour, please click here
- Have your say on the way our services are run
- Take in lodgers with permission from Tai Tarian
- Information about Tai Tarian and your home
- Be told in advance of any change in your rent or any other charges.
You are responsible for:
- Looking after your home and garden and letting us know if it needs repairs
- Paying your rent and other charges to Tai Tarian weekly in advance. If your rent is not paid you could lose your home
- Insuring the contents of your home. Click here for further details
- Ensuring you or your visitors behave and do not break the law in your home or community otherwise you may be evicted
- Asking Tai Tarian for permission on certain things such as keeping pets or running a business from your home, more information is available here
- Giving us 4 weeks notice before ending your tenancy
- Telling us if you are away for more than four weeks.
If you have any questions about your rights and responsibilities, please contact your Tenancy Relations Officer.