Home Contents Insurance

As your landlord we are responsible for the buildings insurance of your home. This covers the structure of the building and items such as your kitchen and bathroom. However, it does not cover any of your personal belongings in the event of things like fire, flood, theft, vandalism or burst pipes.  

That is covered by contents insurance.  

This includes things like carpets or flooring, furniture, curtains, clothing, kitchen appliances and other valuables.  

After a tenant’s home caught fire last year, they were glad they had contents cover and were able to claim for a lifetime of memories lost. 

They had insurance through our scheme with Aviva and the claim was dealt with quickly with a settlement sorted just over 2 weeks later, allowing them to slowly start getting back onto their feet again.  

Their policy included accidental cover and cost just £2.01 a week*, less than a cost of a takeaway coffee. However, the price for standard cover of £4,000 is just 67p* per week. 

Reasons to join 

  • No excess if you need to make a claim
  • New for old cover**
  • Continuous “pay as you go” cover with no annual renewal
  • Premiums will not go up if you need to make a claim
  • Accidental damage cover option available***
  • Payment included with your rent

For quotes get in touch with our Insurance Team on 01639 506091 or email insurance@taitarian.co.uk.

Always shop around for the best quote, price comparison websites can help.  

Terms and conditions apply, contact above. 
*Price includes Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) charged at the appropriate rate. 
** Except clothing and linen (which are subject to a deduction for wear and tear) There is no cover for electrical or mechanical breakdown, or gradual deterioration . 
*** For an additional premium 

The policy is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited. Aviva Insurance Limited Registered in Scotland Number 2116. Registered Office: Pitheavlis Perth PH2 0NH. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. FP.ENT.263.VC