Information for Assured Tenants



Your rent is payable weekly and the landlord must provide you with a Rent Book or similar document.  Tai Tarian do not issue a Rent Book so we provide the information you need in your Tenancy Agreement and this additional information sheet.

  1. Address of premises: as set out in your Tenancy Agreement.
  2. Name and address of Landlord: as set out in your Tenancy Agreement.
  3. The rent payable per week: as set out in your Tenancy Agreement.
  4. Details of accommodation (if any) which the Occupier has the right to share with other persons.
  5. The other Terms and Conditions of the tenancy are: as set out in your Tenancy Agreement.
  6. If you have an assured tenancy you have certain rights under the Housing Act 1988. These include the right not to be evicted from your home unless your landlord gets a possession order from the courts.  Unless the property is let under an assured shorthold tenancy, the courts can only grant an order on a limited number of grounds. Further details regarding assured tenancies are set out in the Department of the Environment, Transport and the regions and Welsh Office booklet “Assured Tenancies” no. 19 in the series of housing booklets. These booklets are available from rent officers, council offices and housing aid centres.
  7. You may be entitled to get help to pay your rent through the housing benefit scheme or through Universal Credit. Apply to your local council or to the Department for Work and Pensions for details. The website provides further advice: http\
  8. It is a criminal offence for your landlord to evict you without an order from the court or to harass you or interfere with your possessions or use of facilities to force you to leave.
  9. If you are in any doubt about your legal rights or obligations, particularly if your landlord has asked you to leave, you should go to a Citizens’ Advice Bureau, housing aid centre, law centre or solicitor. Help with all or part of the cost of legal advice from a solicitor may be available under the Legal Aid Scheme.