Our Haven Housing schemes offer a range of units for people over the age of 55. Accommodation can include studio apartments, one and two bedroom flats and bungalows.
The schemes are designed for tenants who wish to live independently in a safe environment with Independent Living Officers overseeing day to day management and maintenance of the accommodation and communal facilities.
An extra benefit of living in this type of accommodation is the life line alarm service. This is a system where in an emergency, help is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This facility provides reassurance that should an accident happen or a tenant become unwell, the appropriate help can be provided very quickly.
Many of our Haven Housing properties have undergone major, multi million pound refurbishments over the past couple of years. They now offer clean, modern living accommodation and a contemporary communal lounge where residents often meet to socialise, ensuring the schemes have a friendly atmosphere with a great sense of community.
Each individual flat is comprised of:
- Open plan kitchen/living room – modern kitchen with a range of base and wall units with floor covering leading to the living room with cushioned flooring. Radiator and television point
- Bedroom – single bedroom with cushioned flooring with radiator and electric point
- Wetroom – consisting of a walk-in shower, wash hand basin and toilet with aid
- Electric Storage Heating
The complexes themselves benefit from a range of facilities including:
- Open reception area
- Lift access to the first floor
- Modern communal lounge for all residents with fully integrated kitchen, seating and dining area
- Laundry facilities for all residents
- Mobility scooter storage
- Vertical Lift